BC Boards

Bea is urinating in the house again

What I'm hearing is it's normal if she isn't completely perfect yet so ease up on expectations and to keep as diligent as I have been. I don't mean to sound like I am resistant to using the crate. She is in it at night to sleep and when the pups are alone in the house. Colt hasn't needed crating when left in the house since he was eight mos. old, so I leave him out. I guess I just feel like she can be out if I am home. It's just the way I've always done it.

If I don't see improvement i.e. us not preventing her pees over the next week then I will use the crate. She didn't do a thing in the house yesterday. It's really a sporadic, but constantly sporadic thing.

I really appreciate all the responses!!

Crunchy is 4 months also and I've had similar problems. He did great for about a week and only had an accident once or twice. Then he starting having accidents in the house again and I had to go back to square one also. I made a big deal out of it and gave him a treat every time he went out to potty. Then he got smart and thought just because he went outside he needed a treat even if he didn't do anything. He would run straight to the cabinet where the treats are.

Now he is back to doing pretty well in the house but his crate is another story. Every night I get up and take him out but he keeps pooping in there. He barks one time and before I can get to him to let him out he has gone. Then he steps in it while I'm trying to get him out.

I'm just trying to be patient with him because I've had pups that were completely trained in a week and others who took 8 months. Every puppy is different and they will figure it all out eventually.