BC Boards

Does ABCA banning do any good?

New guy here. I noticed in the local trade papers here a lady sells swafford pedigree pups as CKC dogs. I understand he was banned for life from the ABCA but this lady is selling pups with his bloodlines to folks for around 3-350 a pop under a different registry. I'm just wondering if the steps to ban bad breeders actually works in anyone's opinion. I just figured if a man is banned by a promient breed registry something more could be done to prevent such accdients from occurring.I speak as a victim of bad amish breeder who sold me "winston" which I adore. but had to give extra attention to to allow him to grow out of malnutrition. Any opnions on breeders like this...the website to the breeder is www.bordercolliemom.synthasite.com.

I don't have an answer for you, but the person you mention is technically a member here--although I just checked, and she last logged in during April 2009, so she's not likely to respond herself.

Here is a thread she (BorderCollieMom) started last April, and I've seen her ads for the current litter all over Craigslist in this area lately. :rolleyes: She has posted elsewhere that she's not even sure which of her intact male dogs fathered this current litter, so evidently she's making a guess based on their color/markings.

Guest echoica

wow! reading through that previous thread...the poster was asking completely innocuous questions politely and the OP was sooooo defensive and rude. how strange!! imo, she does not seem to be a very reputable breeder by the way she has behaved on the board. proof that anyone can stick up a pretty website and fool people.

Um, well pretty is subjective--they desperately need a spell and grammar check. On the two pedigrees shown for the male dogs, they're barely past a year old and being bred. I'd hate to see how young the females are.... I sure hope they plan to test the hearing on those white-headed puppies.

J.

Guest echoica

ha! pretty in that i like the colors...i think it is just a template site anyway. i did not take the time to read the site fearing i would get frustrated and angry after reading the other thread (i'm sensitive) :rolleyes:

ha! pretty in that i like the colors...i think it is just a template site anyway. i did not take the time to read the site fearing i would get frustrated and angry after reading the other thread (i'm sensitive) :rolleyes:

I noticed the red dog has another banned breeder in his backround so the apple doesn't fall far from that tree.

I noticed the red dog has another banned breeder in his backround so the apple doesn't fall far from that tree.

Thanks everyone.. My main concern was others becoming had like I had with my own dog. I didn't realize, She had offended others with a previous post. Didn't mean to step on any toes if I did just hate the idea of others getting duped. Thanks again for all the information

No problem, winston28. I hope my post didn't come across like I was upset with you because that was not the case at all. I just happen to "know" this person from her posts here and elsewhere, so I wanted to point out that she did have a short history here.

I think we all share your hope that people will wise up and not buy puppies from breeders like this one, and I'm sorry to learn that's a lesson you happened to learn first-hand. Hope you and Winston are doing well now.