BC Boards

Vaccinate for Lepto or not?

Tommy Coyote

I've been freaking out about lepto since I took Crunchy to the vet yesterday. We had the blood drawn and sent off but we won't know the results until next week. I'm worried about the possibility of my kids getting it if he does have it. I'm going to talk to the vet about this vaccine once Crunchy is better.

I've been freaking out about lepto since I took Crunchy to the vet yesterday. We had the blood drawn and sent off but we won't know the results until next week. I'm worried about the possibility of my kids getting it if he does have it. I'm going to talk to the vet about this vaccine once Crunchy is better.

I thought your dog had HOD? If he does, the last thing he needs is another vaccine, especially a highly potentially reactive one like Lepto. Which btw, only covers very few strains. Do you know what strains are in your area?

I thought your dog had HOD? If he does, the last thing he needs is another vaccine, especially a highly potentially reactive one like Lepto. Which btw, only covers very few strains. Do you know what strains are in your area?

Vet is pretty sure it is HOD but we are checking all possibilities because he killed a mole a few weeks ago and had eatten some of it before I discovered it. It has been sent to K State and we won't know the results until next week. I have no idea what strains are in my area. I will not be vaccinating him any time soon and I almost wonder if the boosters he recieved a few weeks ago made him worse. He was showing no signs of this until last week or we would have waited on any vaccines.