BC Boards

Breeder Question/Reference

I have a friend that lives up in the Pacific NW that's looking to get a puppy soon. Since I'm in Texas, I don't know anything about any breeders up in that area.

I also don't want to start a bashing thread on any breeder so please reply privately.

They are looking at Abingdon in Oregon. I checked out their website and I didn't see anything majorly pop up as a red flag. But there's not a whole lot either on their website. They appear to do mostly ASCA trials.

If anyone has anything positive or negative to say, please PM me. I am still hoping to convince my friend to rescue but do at least want to steer them to a reputable breeder if they do decide definitely to make that choice.

Thanks!

Lots of nice dogs up here. Nice litters each year as well. Diane is a good place to begin.

Other resources with dogs for sale and litter announcements:

Oregon Sheepdog Society - www.osds.org

Washington Association of Stockdog Handlers - www.wastockdoghandlers.org/

Idaho Stock Dogging - www.stockdogging.blogspot.com

British Columbia Stock Dog Association - http://stockdog.bc.ca/

Northern California Working Sheepdog Association - www.norcalsheepdog.org

Dave

www.leadmeontraining.com

Theres a nice 3-ish yr old male in rescue right now, started on sheep. Sounds like a fantastic dog for someone who might not want to seriously trial. I talked to the folks about adopting him, but several things weren't going to work. He did sound like a great dog to have around, though- a pet as well as a working dog. "Gryff" on the PNW BCR site.

As Diane said, I'm on the lookout for a pup (unless she finally just gives me Nan). Derek Fisher is also going to breed his Jen, possibly to Shannahan's Riggs. There are plenty of nice dogs up here.

Theres a nice 3-ish yr old male in rescue right now, started on sheep. Sounds like a fantastic dog for someone who might not want to seriously trial. I talked to the folks about adopting him, but several things weren't going to work. He did sound like a great dog to have around, though- a pet as well as a working dog. "Gryff" on the PNW BCR site.

As Diane said, I'm on the lookout for a pup (unless she finally just gives me Nan). Derek Fisher is also going to breed his Jen, possibly to Shannahan's Riggs. There are plenty of nice dogs up here.

Ben. ... Nan is going to have a nice tri male pup just for you.

You did have the chance to steal Nan when she crawled into your car at the Finals. As well into Nicks' crate. ;-)

Diane