BC Boards

Snow snow and more snow!!

Woke up to about 2' or more snow. It's over my knees! Had to use the 4 wheeler to make potty paths! The young ones are loving it...the old ones, not so much but at least now they can get out to go potty!

I had to walk in a path for the sheep to get to water and feed them in their lean too. The water troughs were buried under but still defrosted. The heated water bucket was no where to be seen but we found it, dug it up and it too was defrosted! So at least I know the water will stay liquid.

Just started adding corn to the sheep 2 days ago. I think it was just in time cause they need something to help keep them warm at night. But they do look quite content, just a bit confused!

I'll get pics later today. I'm worn out just walking around!

Each winter this time I regret not purchasing a good plastic sled. We had a pair at one of the horse operations I worked at, they were made for the hunters to haul deer out of the woods. They sure were handy for hauling hay and other things when the snow got deep, we could wade through while the hay on the sled stayed on top.

So here I am again...wishing I had found a sled...a couple years ago I did discover that the duck's kiddie pool works in a bind.

When I frist read the sled idea I got the picture of you sledding around the farm! But now I understand what you mean. That'd be great. I suppose the little saucer my DS pulls around his sis and friends on ithe 4 wheeler is not what i need.

But looks fun albeit a bit cold.

We used to use an old Pontiac car hood (bonnet, for those of you on the other side of the pond,) for a sled. We could get 12 bales of hay on it, stacked 3-high.) Go to a junk yard - pick whatever size you want. Dented hoods are dead cheap. Just flip it over and hook the trace-chains on and go. Or you could weld or bolt a hitch on if you are using a truck or 4-wheeler. It's pretty flat so you can stand it up against the barn for the rest of the year, or put it on blocks with another block on top (so it doesn't blow off) to make a shady place for chickens or dogs to hang out under when it's hot.

We used to put a few feed sacks in the bottom, hook it up to the pickup with a 20' chain and go tear-assing around a frozen field for fun. Half-a-dozen kids in. Wonder we didn't kill somebody.

HAHAHA

I just got done cleaning up my own junkyard. I'm pretty sure there's still more car hoods out there, but for now you can't find anything that is on the ground.

I think you got more snow coming Anda....it's snowing here but out to the west I see SUNSHINE!

Six inches of snow, then ice, then rain here in NE PA....don't think I'll be going to the holiday reception at the college today. In fact, there likely won't be a reception :rolleyes:. Pups are loving it though -- they can't get enough of this new kind of weather. Our poor Ladybug is starting to show her age though (nearly nine years). She's out and right back in -- though, loyal to a fault, she was running to every window, wanting to be at Ken's side as he works at snow removal. Our good little girl.

Spring is coming soon!

Liz