BC Boards

Old dog, new tricks

Or the power of boundaries, firm but fair leadership and a hefty does of positive reinforcement

In the 4 weeks that I've had Kenzi, Kipp has gone from freaked out at the though of her and trying to bite her face off 'cause he doesn't know what else to do, to extremely unsure about her, to tolerant but ignoring her, to actually playing with her this morning :rolleyes:

It makes me very happy to see progress like this!

Or the power of boundaries, firm but fair leadership and a hefty does of positive reinforcement

In the 4 weeks that I've had Kenzi, Kipp has gone from freaked out at the though of her and trying to bite her face off 'cause he doesn't know what else to do, to extremely unsure about her, to tolerant but ignoring her, to actually playing with her this morning :rolleyes:

It makes me very happy to see progress like this!

That's great! The do take time to adjust. Ripley (my newest addition) fit in pretty well with his new sister right off the bat -- no major issues. But it's only been in the last month or so, that he and Anna (11 y/o lab mix) have started playing. They wrestle and play bite face. It took 7 months, but really nice to see for my old girl!

Congratulations! That's very gratifying, and you obviously worked hard to make it so.

My neighbors recently added a 6-month-old Tibetan Terrier pup to their yard, which formerly only contained Buddy's friend Lily, the Jack Russgle. Buddy H-A-T-E-S that little thing, what with hogging the resource known as Lily, emitting "real man" hormones, and being visible through our fences.

Gotta do lots of calm training. You give me hope. :rolleyes:

Mary