BC Boards

Size of ewe lamb B Cheviots?

kelpiegirl

Oh, sorry, I meant large Varikennels, which would be the ones that are 36" long. Depending on the lambs and the distance to be traveled, you could probably get by with itermediate size crates, 32". I have transported yearling tunis sheep in intermediate crates, but they were pretty crammed and we were going just a short distance. Border cheviots tend to start out small ane be slow growing, so that's why they may fit in an intermediate. It might even be possible to fit all three in an XL (40") crate. Can you ask the person you're getting them from what they think the lambs would fit in? If you can use crates as opposed to rigging something to let them ride free in the SUV, things will stay much cleaner. I have a set up for the van where I use a hog panel bent into a stirrup shape; I put a tarp underneath and pull it up on the sides and clip it with spring clips to prevent splashing, then line the bottom first with newspaper--for max absorbency--then wood shavings. It works well, but simply using crates would be much easier!

J.