BC Boards

Tess is feeling under the weather.

She's had an upset stomach for a couple days, but today it got worse. I took a stool sample into the vet and they will call me back later this afternoon (they were in the middle of a blood transfusion and most of the staff was tied up with that).

She hasn't had anything to eat today on the vet's recommendation and tomorrow morning I can offer her chicken and cottage cheese. Tess won't eat rice so they said the cottage cheese should be fine. That's what I've given her before. She adores cottage cheese. I also got her some organic yogurt. She won't eat plain or vanilla so I got her favorite, lemon.

When I called the vet I said I'd bring in the sample but leave the dog home. There was nothing the dog could tell them anyway. They agreed. They also said Pepto Bismol might help settle her stomach a bit and it seems to have helped, as she is laying in Relaxed Dog pose instead of Tense and Miserable Dog pose now.

Sigh. :D I hate when my dog is sick. :rolleyes:

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com

I heard from the vet. They said her fecal flotation test was negative and to give her a bland diet over the weekend. If she is not better on Monday, I am to call them. Obviously there are more things to test for if she is not well on Monday. But she is relaxing now and no longer chewing on her sides at all (which she has been doing for 2-3 days) and is not antsy to go out all the time, either. She seems to be doing much better this afternoon than she was this morning. Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Allie + Tess & Kipp

http://weebordercollie.com