BC Boards

Bella's starting her agility classes...

Bella's (GSD) agility classes start tomorrow night. She was supposed to take them last year but I felt that she would have spent most of the class barking at other dogs, and it would have set us back on our dog issue training(and annoyed the other teams!), so I opted to keep her out of those classes and keep up with the 4-H obedience.

Anywho, this spring I'm very comfortable with how she's doing, so I've decided to do the classes with her. She has already started all of what we'll be doing last summer with me (I wanted to train her here at home, so started, but I think she still needs to be in a class, if not for agility then to help some more with her dog problems), so she'll be a bit ahead of the rest who most of them have never even seen agility equipment (not that we'll be dealing with equipment in this class, really), but I figure it's a good thing because then if she's misbehaving I don't have to worry so much about what they're learning.

I'm not 100% sure that she wont be a royal PITA in this class, so I'm prepared to pull her if I have to, and try to take them again next spring (my class only offers classes every May)...

As a side note, I was working the three girlies today (and Morrie), just fooling around - well I started wanting to work with them on their own, but ended up working the four of 'em at the same time, and got really good reactions from all of them, even when there were 3 other dogs around each of 'em. Lost of focus on me, even when they could have blew me off and played instead.

Thought I'd mention that Bella's heading to classes. I'm really excited to be assoiating with more agility people for classes! Even though I could probably train her at home (I've taken all of the classes with a dog, and helped with out a dog), I, for some reason, love doing the classes, so I'm excited.

*squeee!*

ETA: Psyche may or may not be taking these classes. If I can convince my mom to take her and handle her in class, she will be, other wise it will only be Bella.

That's what I'm excited about, Diane, finally being able to put all that work we've done together to the test. I know it may be different, because in her 4-H classes, they were all still, most of the time. It may be different when it's dogs moving quickly - but I also think that after she figures out that agility's fun, we wont have a problem. (And she already knows that the tunnel is MUCH fun... LOL, she LOVES the tunnel!)