BC Boards

Dog sled races

We've just finished our second race of the season, my first season running a 4-dog team. We've had a good start, great training experiences and met a lot more really nice people. I'm finding it's a really good crowd of people at the races, everybody pitches in and helps everyone else out. It's a big job to get some of the larger teams to the start line when the dogs are leaping and banging in their harnesses and screaming to go. I think everyone realizes that we all need to help each other and it builds a real feeling of camaraderie between fellow mushers. I've made more detailed posts about our races on my own message board, and there are some pics there too. If anyone is interested in viewing them here's a link Silhouette Racing Rescues board that will take you to my Dog Sports forum where there are posts about the individual races. The one about Kearney has the pics. I'm meeting with my webmasters today to go over some updates, there should soon be lots more pictures on my website.

Hi! Sounds like you had a great time. I have neighbours who have been involved in racing for a long time. She was injured for a couple of years but is back at it this year. Her name is Pat Hnatiuk and her husband is Ron. They are from Massey. They are super friendly folks who love the sport.

Hi! Sounds like you had a great time. I have neighbours who have been involved in racing for a long time. She was injured for a couple of years but is back at it this year. Her name is Pat Hnatiuk and her husband is Ron. They are from Massey. They are super friendly folks who love the sport.

Massey, Ontario? My father in law was from there and my husband's aunt used to be the mayor years and years ago :-) It's such a small place (what, not even 1300 people any more?) that I was surprised to see it named here :-)

Okay, back to the discussion :-)

Haven't heard of them but maybe they run in the mid-distance and I go to the sprint races. Or they may be involved in races further north than where I go.

Just got the photo album on my site updated with more pictures from the last 2 weekends. They can be viewed here:

Race photos