BC Boards

PhyCox

bc4ever

As mentioned in a previous post, Scooter has been diagnosed with "mild hip dysplasia" and vet suggested PhyCox Soft Chews, rather than pain meds at this point. Anyone used it with or without success? Don't see much on the Internet about it. Only side effect listed on the label is possible nausea/vomiting. Thanks!

Katie, my bc/springer, has been on it for about a month - after months of mild limping which was gradually getting worse, her vet and the ortho vet decided that, although she doesn't have the typical "sliding drawer" feel and nothing shows up on testing, she must have a partial tear of her CCL and the initial treatment is 6 weeks rest (potty walks on leash, no rough-housing with the other dogs, etc.) and take PhyCox twice daily. Whether it's the rest or the PhyCox or a combination thereof, I don't know but she stopped limping after @ 10 days. She has had no side effects from PhyCox and eagerly looks forward to her "treat."

My vet uses PhyCox on her 8 yo bc w/hip displaysia instead of Cosequin because she feels it doesn't interact as much with Rimadyl and other anti-flamatories which are occasionally necessary for her dog.

Katie, my bc/springer, has been on it for about a month...Whether it's the rest or the PhyCox or a combination thereof, I don't know but she stopped limping after @ 10 days. She has had no side effects from PhyCox and eagerly looks forward to her "treat."

My vet uses PhyCox on her 8 yo bc w/hip displaysia instead of Cosequin because she feels it doesn't interact as much with Rimadyl and other anti-flamatories which are occasionally necessary for her dog.

Thank you so much for replying. :D I'm always a little hesitant to give something I don't know that much about.

Scooter has had no side effects so far. The first few times I gave him one, he kept spitting it out and I finally decided it was because it was soft. He does that with other soft foods for some reason. Taking them now with no problem. Glad it's working for Katie! :rolleyes: