BC Boards

prozac, pepcid

JMack

Has anyone had their bc on prozac? My 4 1/2 year old has been on it about a month (for reasons I won't go into). Overall, she is doing very well, but has had some digestive problems--loose stool & flatulence. The vet suggested pepcid 1/2 hr before the prozac, which I've given her the last 2 days, but she now has diarhhea. Could it be the pepcid? Because of the cold, I've been home from work & monitored D. more than usual, so it's less likely that she just got into something.

Solo's been on fluoxetine for years and never had any associated digestive upsets. He also used to get Pepcid (because he was on Rimadyl and has a history of bad reactions to NSAIDs) and never had any associated upsets either. I would just treat the diarrhea as regular diarrhea (bland diet) and try the Pepcid for a few more days to see if everything resolves itself before trying to figure out if it's the Pepcid or not. Two days isn't really enough time to figure out what's what.