BC Boards

Border Collie info please!

Hi! I'm new here, and I don't currently have a BC, but I used too. Tucker(my BC, RIP) was my first BC, and I couldn't provide what he needed, and because of that, he was hit by a car(that and a contractor left the gate open. >=[ ). I've currently got a Lab mix, he's a great dog, but seriously lacking in the intensity/trainablity department. I really miss my Border Collie, and plan on getting another when I *know* I can provide all the exersize/stimulation he/she will need. But, until then, I'd love to read up on them and sports I can do with them. And, of course, 'hear' any and all stories you are willing to share. Thanks!

Hey Meg! I know you already from the dog.com forum. :rolleyes: If I were you, I'd spend some time skimming through the various stickies at the top of each forum and doing some searches for keywords that interest you - you'll get a lot of great info that way!

Well they aren't pure BCs, but the people on the board have never complained. :rolleyes: Maggie's a suspected BC/Cattle Dog cross, and Ziva we don't know, but given what her brother looked like, I think there's some BC in her (with larger parts JRT and Corgi lol).

Hi Meg! I agree with Erin for sure. Start by reading stickies and then sit back and enjoy the ride. You'll find there's a bunch of us in this area.

Ok, I love to read, and BC's are one of my favorite subjects.

Well, I know(now) that there are tons of BC-lovers/breeders/owners in NC.....do any of you have dogs bred by Donald Thomas. To my knowledge he is a very good breeder, who breeds for herding ability, and a sound temperment. He bred my Tucker.....just curious to see if any one else has dogs from his lines....

ETA : Tuck was out of Kate by Lad. Mr. Thomas called us a month before Tuck died to see if we had him neutered, he wanted to continue the Kate X Lad line, but all the other pups were spayed/neutered, Kate had retired, and Lad had died. Tuck had kennel cough at the time and was unable to breed.