BC Boards

Switching food

I'm not sure what to do here. The dogs have been on Chicken Soup for the longest time, and I'm sure you know it's a decent brand, but not the best. Well I put the cats on Wellness and decided to change the dogs as well. It's been about a month?

First issue was the cost - hubby kind of freaked out a little when he found out how much more it cost (for a smaller bag!). But then a couple of days ago DH remarked that Zeeke's fur feels softer than usual. I thought he was a little crazy until I checked Zoe.... wow, her fur feels like silk! It's amazing.

But the other issue is that the dogs don't seem to be too keen for the food. Zeeke was never a big eater, but Zoe used to snarf her food right down in half the time of Zeeke. Now she kind of stands there, eats a bit, stands there, eats some more. More often than not both dogs have some left when they're done. So I'm wondering if maybe they're getting full sooner? Or do they simply not like the food?

I might try a totally different brand and see what happens. :/

You could check out a different brand, or a different variety within the brand. I'd probably try out at least one more brand, and see if you see a difference. You can always switch back to the Wellness.

Eagle Pack Holistic, Innova and Canidae all are good choices that seem to be fairly easy to find.

I feed my cats Chicken Soup kibble, and noticed that they recently changed their recipe to include some probiotics - yay!