BC Boards

The Real Time Canine

Amelia

Hello all,

It is with Eileen Stein's kind permission that I post this. Thank you Ma'am.

The Real Time Canine is a weekly digest of training technique and tips that I am writing based on the life of my new puppy, Kensmuir Star. I send it out to subscribers every Sunday via email. I use words and pictures to demonstrate what Star learns each week and how I taught him his lessons. From the moment I picked him up at the airport on November 27th, 2008, at 10 weeks of age his lessons began. So far, we've covered everything from how to love a crate to creating physical balance and strength in a dog. The digest will continue through puppyhood and training to success at work and on the trial field. There is a nominal subscription fee and the reviews have been great. You can read some of them when you visit the website. Subscriptions are available for 3 months, 6 months and a year and start as low as $2.50 per month. You can subscribe from the website using PayPal and gift subscriptions are available.

I am often asked for training tips and suggestions, and the best way for me to answer this is by example. So, I'm using Star's life in real time to describe what I do to train a dog and how I do it. There are links from The Real Time Canine to my personal website and blog, so that you can learn about me and my dogs and my background in sheepdogs and ranching.

It's a popular read so far and I'm blessed to have many participating already. I hope you will join us on Star's journey through training and benefit from the trip. It is my hope that I can be of help in raising and training successful, well mannered dogs that are a joy to own and great partners on and off the trial field.

The Real Time Canine would also make a great holiday gift for all your dog-loving friends and family.

Happy holidays all and thank you.