BC Boards

To Catch a Duck

Carson Crazies

Oh...I feel a distant memory coming back...long ago and far away...yes, here it comes. In Montana, as a graduate student (with dog), I once rented a small house on a large farm. With chickens. And there was the day a rooster wandered into the house...

Only ONE indoor duck poop is all you suffered? Girl, you got off lucky! Sheeeee-it I was picking up those little chicken droppings from stray corners for weeks afterward, I tell you, and I think about every knock-down-able item in the house got knocked down by either dog or rooster before that fast-paced saga came to an end.

Must be the difference betweeen using a trained stockdog vs. a generic pound pup for indoor fowl herding. I've left it to the experts ever since.

Alaska, :D . That's hysterical! That's also the reason why every single other dog I had was put up. I can only imagine the rodeo it would have been had the other five dogs been loose when we brought him in! Ginger is all about some catching and trying to eat some birds.

I think it's likely, though, that the entire neighborhood has decided that I'm definately nuts. :rolleyes: It's been confirmed.