BC Boards

Voice Signals in Agility

Far and close might work. He knows "by me" but not sure if that would bring him in too much!

Here's a new question...maybe should be a new topic but.....do you think I need to try and slow him down for now? Or do I keep the speed and let him do his thing? He doesn't do too bad with 2o2o but I sometimes find him with only 1 on! :rolleyes: I know i need to work on my giving of directions and placement too!

I would let him work at his own speed unless he is just out of control. I have a very fast, very driven youngster and I have never played with slowing him down UNLESS I need him to collect (shorten his stride) for a specific reason...weavepole entry, a jump series where he needs to add a stride instead of bouncing a jump. Also if you are racing to catch up or to beat him to where you need to be for him then he is going to try and race you...not really a good thing. Just remember that speed without control is detrimental and can lead to injury, if he is out of control then I would slow him down until you have control, speed is gained with confidence.

Whim use to give me ORT (one rear toe ) as a position on contacts... I prefer 2o2o but, I felt that if he were more comfortable with the ORT and he was hitting his contacts straight and consistantly then I would leave him be. Whim has volunterily faded that behavior out as he has gotten more confident with his performance over the contacts

Thanks again! We don't have class this week so next week we'll see how it goes. He is fast but seems to be in pretty good control it's me that has the issues! :rolleyes: If I'd be clearer about what I want it would help! I won't push him too much then on the 2o2o.

I have to make the decisian by next class about continuing on. I was worried about his new limping issue but we started some glucosimine per my vet and it does seem to be helping. Just didn't want to make things worse. She said we were fine to continue.