BC Boards

Finding Trainers

TAC2

We are located in Central Virginia and would like to locate potential herding trainers in our area. I've checked the Virginia Border Collie Assn. website but did not find it too helpful in locating trainers. Even the web calendar would be for folks already 'in the know' since it only mentions farms - no locations. We don't have a dog yet and will most likely be looking at an older dog or adult rescue with herding potential. I have already been to the Montpelier Fiber Fest trial and will visit Ms. Thompson's demo at the upcoming Richmond Highland Games and Celtic Festival.

At this time my primary interest is in ending up with a good working farm dog, though trialing is a possibility if herding becomes the addiction it appears to be, but that would be a future time and likely another dog.

Thank you for any recommendations!

~ Tru

www.freewebs.com/laingcroft

If you'd like to take a little trip the first weekend in November, head to Mt. Pleasant Farm in Strasburg for the trial there. It's a beautiful location and a number of folks who are trialing also give lessons or can point you in the direction of someone near you who gives lessons. Plus you'll just get to meet a bunch of nice folks. (If you decide you want to go, I can give you the address so you can map it.)

J.