BC Boards

Fall Classic SDT/Council Bluffs IA/Benefit for Marge Danielson

Kathy H.

From John Holman. I have a flyer if anyone is interested and I plan on being there.

L-Heilenman@uiowa.edu

Kathy Heilenman (eastern Iowa)

Hi everyone,

I want to bring all of you up to date on the status of this coming weekend's Fall Classic Sheep Dog Trial in Council Bluffs. We have about 24 dogs on Saturday and a few less on Sunday. There aren't enough open dogs for a USBCHA class on either day, but we have a nice entry in Pro Novice.

As many of you have heard, Marge Danielson passed away on Saturday and services for her will be Wednesday at 10:00 am near rural Oakland, NE. Details about the services can be found at www.pelanfuneralservices.com <http://www.pelanfuneralservices.com> and then clicking on the obituary link.

Marge and Fenlan have been tireless workers at many of the stockdog events in the area, including the Fall Classic. So as a way of showing our support we have decided to make this years trial a benefit trial in Marge's honor. So we are letting everyone know of these changes and ask that you help spread the word to all our friends in the stockdog community.

The course will still be as announced earlier, on the open field. Nyle Sealine will judge on Saturday and Terry Workman will judge on Sunday. Start time is 9:00am both days for the handlers meeting and we should get done by early afternoon.

Many of the expenses for the trial are being donated and there will be no payback, but we should have some nice gift certificates for prizes. We will take a late entry, and if you can't attend and would still like to send an entry that will be very appreciated!

If you are able to make it to the trial come watch and say hello to some of your friends and enjoy the day. To get to the trial are found below.

Best to all,

John Holman

Directions to Sunshine Farms: From I-29 North or South, take the “Lake Manawa/Iowa School for the Deaf”, exit #47. From the intersection of Hwy 92 and Hwy 275 (Iowa School for the Deaf) go south on Wabash Ave 2 miles, then turn left (east) on Pioneer Trail, go 4 miles east then turn right on 240th St. Go 1.2 miles south, it is on the right after you pass the bike trail.