BC Boards

A rash?

iLLt3cK

My BC Tate has been pretty itchy lately and I took a look the other day and on his underbelly near each leg the skin has some black dots like you would see if he had run in some mud and I can scrape them off with my fingernail. The hair around the area which is usually white is now a maroon / reddish color.

Anyone have any idea what type of rash or skin issue is causing this? Gave him a batch and it doesn't go away. Both dogs are on K9 advantix.

Flea bites? The maroon/reddish color on the hair sounds like whatever it is was a bite and bled a little bit...

A

According to my sister, who treats all of her animals with monthly anti-flea product, one of her cats is getting flea dirt even so. This is a good September for fleas here in warm and more humid than usual San Diego. Maybe comb him a bit with a flea comb and see if you get any flea dirt on it?

And here's a better idea: bring him and Piper down to the beach to play with Daisy and Juno and see if the salt water helps!! :rolleyes: