BC Boards

Dogswell Products

Guest maya's mom

Guest maya's mom

I have been buying DogsWell products, specifically the Veggie Life line, for a while now. Maya loves them, and I feel they are a "healthy" treat to give her. My concern is that they are manufactured in China. I asked the local pet store where I buy them, if they have ever heard anything bad about them, and they said no. They even had a whole binder on the company, with pictures of the facilities (cage free chickens, etc), and copies of the USDA certificates that US operators inspect the facility and the product. I have to admit, everything in there looked really good. Have any of you ever heard anything bad about this company and its products? I'd really like to keep using them, but not if it will endanger my baby!

I've only seen their products in pet stores. Does it say on the package that the treats are made in China? They sure don't mention that on their website that I just checked out.

Personally, I won't knowingly buy anything edible for my dogs from China. Or Mexico for that matter. But then I only buy a few processed foods for my dogs.

Guest maya's mom
I've only seen their products in pet stores. Does it say on the package that the treats are made in China? They sure don't mention that on their website that I just checked out.

Personally, I won't knowingly buy anything edible for my dogs from China. Or Mexico for that matter. But then I only buy a few processed foods for my dogs.

Yes, at the very bottom, on the back of the bag, it says Made in China.

I googled them too and went through COPIOUS retail websites that list them as products that they sell, but I couldn't find anything remotely objective. Having been in retail for some years, packaging is everything to both consumers and sellers. If it looks hand-made, natural, good-for-you, then most consumers believe it is. But now so many things are made in China, where not only is it dirt cheap to manufacture but there are so few environmental and production controls that having your stuff made there (from a purely business and non-ethical point of view) is a no-brainer. But personally I would be concerned about feeding my dog processed edible products coming from China. But then, I'm pretty jaded :rolleyes: There's a reason why companies put Made in China in very small lettering and why many don't mention it on their websites.

BTW, I believe there's a movement underway here to legislate full and complete labelling on food products, i.e. where the actual product was manufactured rather than just where the ingredients come from. But I'm quite sure this is just for human foods.

Ailsa