BC Boards

Need some mind games...

I adopted a 2 year old bc from the pound today. She has heart worms and will have to be physically inactive for 30+ days during the treatment. Does any one know tricks I can teach her to use her mind, not her body. I don't want her to get bored. I did my home work on heartworm treatment and border collies before I got her, so I am fairly prepared. I want to keep training her during her inactivity though so she gets used to training every day and wants to learn. Any suggestios would be great!

I posted a similar request a couple of weeks ago and got some good suggestions/references to web sites that maybe of interest to you. Being new to this board I am not sure of the most effeicient way to point you to the thread, so here is the web link:

http://www.bordercollie.org/cgi-bin/ultima...t=010879#000000

Hope this is helpful to you and good luck.

Congratulations and good for you for helping out a needy pup! When Allie was at enforced bed rest for a shoulder injury we taught her to pick up her toys and put them in a toybox (which she then promptly removed so she could play with them.)

We also used a Kong stuffed with liver treats and peanut butter, a treat ball filled with small dog biscuits (believe it or not, the dogs love to figure out how to get the treats out and it entertains them for quite a while). I read stories to her. :rolleyes: She also enjoyed learning tricks like roll over, shake, cover-the-eyes, etc.

Good luck and post pictures soon.