BC Boards

bc or not

texas girl

this was my first bc.

a friend saved this dog from a abusive home

she looked to be about 3 months old. my friend kept her

until she was 6 years old. at that time my friend moved into a apartment and could no longer

keep her.

so he gave her to me knowing i would give her a good home.we really

never knew what breed of dog she was,until i watched the movie babe.my dog looked so much like

the dog fly. that i realized she was a border collie.

her name was sugar she took it upon herself to be my protecter

until i had her pts. at the age of 16. when i learned she had cancer

the vet suggested letting her go. would be best for her at her age

so before she ever had much pain. i told her goodby.and had her pts

after having this wonderful dog i wanted another border collie

so did a lot of internet research how i found this site. now my sugar

was browd across the butt. did not have a tail.i have not seen any border collies

with out a tail and as big as sugarpost-8183-1201912371_thumb.jpg. either on net or when working at the spca.

Im sorry to hear about you losing your friend, but its sounds as if she had a good long life.

Heres a pic of Gyp, a dog I had years ago. She didnt have a tail either, but then, nothing on the fella's place that I bought her from had a tail. He even cropped his cattle, and they werent dairy cattle either. There was a thread here a bit ago about how much your dogs weight, I think some said they had some coming in around 50 to 60 lbs. So they can be a bit bigger. Oh, and welcome. She looks BC to me.

post-7917-1201916383_thumb.jpg

Im sorry to hear about you losing your friend, but its sounds as if she had a good long life.

Heres a pic of Gyp, a dog I had years ago. She didnt have a tail either, but then, nothing on the fella's place that I bought her from had a tail. He even cropped his cattle, and they werent dairy cattle either. There was a thread here a bit ago about how much your dogs weight, I think some said they had some coming in around 50 to 60 lbs. So they can be a bit bigger. Oh, and welcome. She looks BC to me.

post-7917-1201916383_thumb.jpg

thats a cutie that gyp. yes my sugar had a good life.i had acre yard fence in. that was her place she watched over it. there was a dirt trail all along the fence line.from her walking the fence.when she got sick she weighed 62 pounds.

her butt got brouad when my friend had her spayed. she was the smartest and best behaved dog i ever saw.

much smarter than the one i have now.

the posted picture was one of the last taken of her. you can see i her face she was not feeling well.

I'm sorry that Sugar had to go on ahead, she had a good life with you.

She looks like a BC to me too, I've known a couple that have been born without much tail so it's possible. The father of my first boy was skinny 62 pounds, they come in all sizes. Is there something wrong with being "browd across the butt"?? We're all built different, it's just more to love...

Suzanne

I'm sorry that Sugar had to go on ahead, she had a good life with you.

She looks like a BC to me too, I've known a couple that have been born without much tail so it's possible. The father of my first boy was skinny 62 pounds, they come in all sizes. Is there something wrong with being "browd across the butt"?? We're all built different, it's just more to love...

Suzanne

no suzanne nothing wrong with being browd butt its just that i have not seen any other border collies

with browd butts.or no tail reason i thought she might be something besides a border colli.

it was only after i started working at the spca that i learned not all border collies are black and white. :rolleyes: