BC Boards

water shortage?

our down pipe broke at the joint near the drain, no problem i thought i'll fix that in a bit (why do i never remember stuff that needs doing?) anyhoo i didnt worry too much as we havent really had that much rain....

cue one almighty thunderstorm....

i went out to check the bunnyhouse...

my greenhouse was flooded :eek: the water must have been 6 inches deep. thank goodness the bunnyhouse is raised up a bit and i have a small drystone wall and gravel in front of it!

where the downpipe had broken the water was pouring down the outside of the drain and the bottom part of the pipe was acting like a plug so the water couldnt drain away!

i got my 2 empty black bins that normally have bedding and pellets in and shoved one under the downpipe thinking it would buy me a little time. within about 5 minutes i had filled 2 big black proper sized dustbins with rainwater Shocked Shocked

i dragged the full bins away, gave up and went to the pub :rolleyes:

have just come home and all the water has soaked/drained away and i fixed the downpipe with gaffer tape :D

i now have what must be nearly 160 litres of water for my greenhouse!

gave up and went to the pub :rolleyes:

have just come home and all the water has soaked/drained away and i fixed the downpipe with gaffer tape :D

"Gaffer tape" --- I think that's what we call duct tape :D

With that stuff and baling twine, you can pretty much fix anything :D:D:D

Wise to save the water! thumbsup.gif