BC Boards

What BRAND of crate is this...

Hi all,

A long time ago someone I knew had a crate like this, and the reason I love it so much is because of the dual opening door, and the REALLY easy to put together style. No silly little pins/screws to lose, and the top fits ONTO the bottom, no lining up! It's idiot-proof, haha!

Anyway, I cannot for the life of me find this crate by brand, or where to buy it in southern Ontario. Please help! Thanks SO much!

Happy holidays to all.

664701.jpg

How did you link to it without knowing what it is? I don't get it.

It's a Hagen Dog Cargo brand pet carrier.

RDM

I know what it looks like... I searched through hundreds and hundreds of dog crate pictures until I saw it. I tried searching "DogIt" and "Cargo 600" but the only places are online shops, and all based on the other side of the world. I couldn't even find a company page with dealer listings in Canada, for example.

Cabella's will shortly however, have something similar, but not as sleek. (With an uglish green color for the large size to boot.)

Thanks... Will keep a lookout. Ugly or not, if it's nice and convenient, I'm game!

Anyone who knows where this particular crate can be found in Ontario, much obliged. Apparently we can get some Hagen stuff, but not all.

I use the Petmate Furrari crates, which have the features you describe:

2969521768B.jpg

You can get them at Petco. If Petco doesn't work for you, you should be able to find a Canadian distributor now that you know the brand and model.

My BCs are average in size (~40 lbs) but a bit tall (22-23" at the withers). The smaller dog uses a 350 and the larger dog uses a 450. Part of the reason they use different sizes is that I wanted to be able to nest the crates one inside the other when they are not in use.

I use the Petmate Furrari crates, which have the features you describe:

2969521768B.jpg

I have two that were donated to me. I love them. They are so easy to put together and it's great to have doors that open from both sides.

Emily

Looks like you could order that "Cabela's" crate through Sears Canada if you wanted to.

I don't know how Cabela's/Suncast can get away with saying "perfect for air...travel" though. Airlines generally require kennels to have a rim sticking out that makes them widest in the middle, to ensure that side ventilation is maintained even when the kennel is packed flush against other cargo. From the United Airlines kennel checklist: "There must be a one-inch spacer bar around the kennel."

Also, the door on the Cabela's/Suncast kennel doesn't open from both sides like you wanted.

Great points Alaska. The design is different in two aspects: the venting encompasses the whole of the side panels, and the back is an open wire mesh / perhaps even a second door. Perhaps this is a new compliant version. OR it could be compliant to some foreign standard (albeit not necessarily ompletely "international"). One would certainly want to look into it.

(Now I wonder why some of the other Suncast products available in Canada are not available here....)