BC Boards

Oh my! Oh my! My mini aussie Zoey, BIG weave news!

Well, Zoey and I were training today, on our weaves, first time in about 2 weeks, cause I've been slacking due to the cold weather.

Anyway. I've been training v-weaves, and we've been doing good, probably 2 or 3 inches from the tops of the poles. Really good for the small amount of training we had been doing.. Today, I got cocky, and put them not even an inch apart, Im talking, ALMOST weaving, like just a little - tiny - SMALL slant, and Zoey did them ----- PERFECT!

I am so proud of my baby because not only did she do them once, SHE DID THEM A LOT - Like 10 + times!

I am so happy, I have been so upset about agility this last little while, as I am always during the winter (I HATE the cold!).... And her doing them like that gave me such a boost! I REALLY KNOW we can trial in the spring now, it's just a matter of keeping up the training, and making some perfect weaves!

Sorry, I just had to tell someone!

Only bad thing about this all is that it was the only time I DIDN'T tape it, because I figured she'd just blow it, and I didn't want to take a break for frea that she'd stop....

GAH! IM SO HAPPY!

Ok, I'm done now! :rolleyes::D:D:D

It sure is great when the lightbulb finally goes on for them!!! I know how you feel - - Roz's weaves have progressed nicely and she is now figuring out her entries!!! I am hoping to start trialing with her this Spring - - when I know she is very ready - -she will be just over two - - she has decided in the last month or so that agility is fun and instead of being so serious she now runs the course smiling at everyone watching!!!! :rolleyes: I am happy she is enjoying it so I am not too hard on her about the focus for now - - - -

Good luck to you and enjoy those little moments of success!~~~~~~

I am so happy! :rolleyes: I started Zoey in Agility, in spring of 2006, and got so sick of not doing it right, or fast that I quite for a while, and then started again, and quit again, and now I have NO plans of quiting again - EVER! :D

Just seeing her actualy do it makes me so happy, and proud, and gives me the boost I need to get the message, that yeah, my dog IS going to weave, and she IS going to trial!