BC Boards

Raffle for Hand Crafted Table and Benches

AS USUAL, I managed to miss this because I stayed at the top all weekend, but could someone tell me about the raffle being held for the (I heard) beautiful table and benches made by Tom Forrester's "boss" Mr. Frank K. (know how to say it, but hate to spell it wrong, as truly beautiful, wonderful man as I've ever met in my life)? I'd give half a paycheck in chances to have a go at it. It was a tiny speck up the hill at Tom trial last weekend and it radiated it's glory all the way down to me. I know just it's a thing to behold. It was packed up and gone by the end of the day, when I got up there to see it.

I heard it was to benefit the VBCA, which makes me feel more stupid for not knowing more!

Who to pay for chances, how much, when it's being held, that kind of thing.

Thanks for any help!

Debbie,

It's a gorgeous trestle table handmade by Frank and his daughter. There will be tickets available for sale at the VBCA winter trial, which is also where the drawing will be held. I believe they are 1 ticket for $2 or 3 for $5. Debbie Johnson was selling tickets at Tom's, but at any rate you ought to be able to buy some at the next trial (I assume you're working the pens). If you're not coming, contact Debbie Johnson or Rae Rogers.

J.

Thanks Julie, I know Frank's work is outstanding. I got a response to my inquiry that told me the whole entire story on the raffle, (THANKS!), and I want some tickets even more. Great idea. STill embarrassed not to know about it, oh well. That's how it goes.

I will contact a seller, and get some tickets. I will not be there most likely (pressing conflicts), but hopefully I can participate. Heck, if I won it, maybe I'll get my dead truck back in time from the garage in Stephens City where it was towed in time to bring it home. haha

Thanks Julie, I know Frank's work is outstanding. I got a response to my inquiry that told me the whole entire story on the raffle, (THANKS!), and I want some tickets even more. Great idea. STill embarrassed not to know about it, oh well. That's how it goes.

I will contact a seller, and get some tickets. I will not be there most likely (pressing conflicts), but hopefully I can participate. Heck, if I won it, maybe I'll get my dead truck back in time from the garage in Stephens City where it was towed in time to bring it home. haha

And as a spectator, I was wondering why someone would be finishing furniture out in the middle of a field! duh! It was a beautiful table.