BC Boards

Two Texas BC Get-Togethers

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

I just wanted to post this for any Texans (or surrounding states if you would like to travel). We've planned two BC get togthers this month.

1) Takes place this coming weekend (Saturday, October 6) in Forney, TX. This get together is probably going to be smaller than the 2nd one (4 people and 20 dogs so far). This one will be held at one of the people's house: 7 acres, a pond with dock (for diving), agility equipment, gazebo out back, three smaller fenced areas for 'putting dogs away,' a volunteer chef (we're having steak, so speak now if you want to come so we can get enough). There are also three rideable horses that we do plan to ride. If you want to come, the only requirement is that you bring some side dishes and/or snacks, drinks, etc.

2) The second get together will be held in Austin, TX on October 28th (Sunday) and will be a larger 'event' for lack of better words. We have not yet decided on a location so if anyone is in Austin and knows of a place that would be good for 10+ people and 25+ dogs with limited interruption by other folks, cars, bikes, etc. We have been looking Walnut Creek Park or Red Bud Isle. I have been to Walnut Creek so I know there are some open spaces to run as well as picnic tables and grills, trails and a creek. But from what I have read, it is a popular biking spot and we really don't want to have to worry about bikers all around us. Red Bud Isle is a typical dog park, though I think it's rather large and sounds pretty nice. I have no idea if there are any picnic tables or grills, though, so any input from locals would be nice! This event has 7 or 8 people coming so far and, doG, who knows how many dogs. We'll probably do burgers and hot dogs for this event with the same "bring drinks and sides" sort of mentality.

Please PM me if you are interested in coming to either of these get togethers!!

Don't mean to hijack your post :D but I'd like to add another "Texas" event, this Sunday, any of you around the Temple area we have a TSDA trial. Its at the Texas early day Tractor show grounds. Should be a fun trial. Novice through Open runs. I'll be running my girls :-) Liz's first attempt at Nursery gulp :rolleyes: so if you're in the area come check it out.