BC Boards

Anal leakage?

Eko seems to be leaking a bit lately, the other night there was a big pool where he was sleeping and I just noticed there were spots after he got off of my bed a minute ago. It's not leftover from him going potty and his stool is normal when he goes outside.

So what is going on? Is this normal? He's eating fine and acting normal.

Eko seems to be leaking a bit lately, the other night there was a big pool where he was sleeping and I just noticed there were spots after he got off of my bed a minute ago. It's not leftover from him going potty and his stool is normal when he goes outside.

So what is going on? Is this normal? He's eating fine and acting normal.

Poor little guy. What's up with all this anal trouble from the dogs lately?

Guest WoobiesMom

Woobie's anal troubles are a perpetual thing, I just pipe in when others mention it. :rolleyes: If Eko's stools are okay other times, what was on your bed may have been from his anal glands. I've heard some dogs will just blow or leak if they're under stress. Woobie has the opposite problem (though not nearly as messy and unpleasant) and his need manual assistance to get cleared out. Might want to check with the vet and have them show you the way to clean them out. It's oh so much fun and smells delightful! :D Welcome to parenthood! :D

Guest TheRuffMuttGang

Mojo expresses his anal glands like 5 times a day. I used to run around trying to clean it off of the couch or my bed until I realized no matter how much cleaner I used the smell never went away. But if I just let Mojo lick the spot, the smell would go away. It's so routine I don't even think about it anymore...except in the car when it's sort of hard to ignore.