BC Boards

2007 Summerfest Festival in Littleton, CO

Anda

Just found out about another fun event in the Denver area - no pools this time :rolleyes: called Summerfest Festival in Clement Park in Littleton, CO.

Ouzo and I will try to make it there on Sunday. Anyone else interested? Admission is free :D

“Fun” Day for the Dogs

Sunday, September 16, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.

“Fun Day for the Dogs”, held on Sunday, September 16 is pleased to announce an exciting day of activities. These events are free to spectators and their furry friends! (Note: current rabies tag and ID tag are required and dogs must be leashed.)

There will be dog-related businesses selling favorite treats, apparel, toys and all sorts of fun pet stuff. Many of your favorite pet charities will be present so this is your chance to adopt that cute puppy or older dog you’ve been talking about adding to your family. Bring your pet-related questions – vets and pet care experts will be present with answers and advice.

Best of all, there will be fun activities for you and your dog to participate in – learn how to take your dog through an agility course…show your furry best friend how to catch a Frisbee…pick up some special treats for Fido…or have a unique portrait made.

In addition, we are especially pleased to have not one, but THREE organizations conducting tournaments this year:

COLORADO DISC DOGS hosting the “UFO Longshot Event” - A unique LONG DISTANCE Frisbee dog competition, the UFO Longshot event is an exciting multi round event that will challenge competitors to make the big throws, yet rewards consistency as well. The dog that brings home the big catch will be crowned the Longshot Champion! Men’s and Women’s divisions are available, where handlers may enter up to two dogs. Catches of 60, 70, and 80 yards are not uncommon in the advanced divisions. If you are interested in competing, go to www.ufoworldcup.org/guidelines/longshotguidelines.html. The club also donates a considerable amount of time each year supporting local and national charities and humane organizations. For more information on the Colorado Disc Dogs, contact www.coloradodiscdogs.com .

RUFF FLYBALL CLUB hosting the “Summerset Festival Tournament” - Flyball is the world’s fastest growing dog sport consisting of a relay race between two teams of four dogs. Dogs race over four hurdles down to a box, triggering the box which releases a tennis ball. They must catch the ball and race back over the hurdles. The race continues until all four dogs that make up the team have completed the course without missing a jump or dropping the ball. They race against a second team at the same time with the fastest team winning. These dogs are serious about their racing and they let you know it with enthusiastic barks of delight! Any size and breed of dog are welcome because it’s about having fun for the dogs and their owners! The sport is regulated in the US by the North American Flyball Association (NAFA). RUFF Flyball is the first official Flyball Club of Colorado and are proud to be hosting the first annual NAFA sanctioned tournament at the Summerset Festival this year! Teams from Colorado, New Mexico and Wyoming will be competing. Come join us for this fast paced, adrenaline pumping sports event where you can learn more about the sport, watch an official tournament and see why dogs are making such a big bark over this exciting team sport! For more information about RUFF Flyball Club, contact www.coloradoflyball.com .

ROCKY MOUNTAIN AGILITY hosting the “Teacup Agility Trial” – This judged competition will be for pre-registered, all breed teacup size dogs (17 inches and under). Agility is a sport that is great fun for both the handler and their dog, played for fun, competition or both. Teamwork is emphasized as the dog and handler are taught to maneuver safely through the agility courses. A full size agility course will also be available as well as friendly, helpful instruction and demos on how to teach your own dog to successfully complete an agility course. Information on Rocky Mountain Agility can be obtained at www.rmagility.com .

Oh man Black Jack and I would love to come but I have to work :rolleyes: That would be a great time. Have fun if you make it and take lots of pictures for us.

Hmmm, now why does this look familiar?! :rolleyes::D

Uhhh... don't know?! It was posted on the Denver BC Meetup board first, so I thought it would get more "air-time" here? Are you up for it, after Saturday's play-date from Cherry Creek? :D

ETA: DUHHH, YOU are the Amy that posted this on the Meetup LOL ( I was waching CSI and it suddently struck me :D - must have been the investigating vibes coming out of the TV - LMAOL )

Thank you for letting us know about it@

There might be some of the WBCR/RMBCR people going. If you see anyone say hi :rolleyes: They should have WBCR shirts on. We're going to have a booth there next year too. Then I'll have enough notice I can go.

Uhhh... don't know?! It was posted on the Denver BC Meetup board first, so I thought it would get more "air-time" here? Are you up for it, after Saturday's play-date from Cherry Creek? :rolleyes:

ETA: DUHHH, YOU are the Amy that posted this on the Meetup LOL ( I was waching CSI and it suddently struck me :D - must have been the investigating vibes coming out of the TV - LMAOL )

Thank you for letting us know about it@

:D I'm up for Cherry Creek! We'll be there with bells on. Roxy needs a little alone time away from our foster dog! She's a sensitive one and doesn't like that she doesn't get all the attention anymore. I can't wait to meet you guys and see Ouzo in person....he's so handsome!!

WyoBC - Well, well, well, CSI is in the house! I let the WBCR group know about this festival too-and was wondering if your BlackJack was the same BlackJack as the one in the pictures of the yahoo group! Now I know!

Yup that's him :rolleyes: I volunteer for them with home checks, refrence checks, and stuff.

Dana, I met your flyball team members today! I just went there and introduced myself and Ouzo :rolleyes: I also took some pictures while the Launch team was running - didn't have the best seat in house, and didn't quite realize how fast a "game" ends, but I managed to get a few good flyin' dogs! There were 2 BCs, one ACD and a white lil terrier in your team, right? The BC who runs fourth sure was fast!!!!

BTW, all the agility was oriented towards mini-dogs, teacup crap, so we didn't get to even go there - it felt like I was looking at a doll-house version of the agility course!

After about two hours Ouzo was too hot and too wound up for being on the leash, so I took him to Chatfield for a nice long swim, just as the rain was coming in.

I'll have to go through the photos and see what's worth uploading and sharing.

Yes, that was them. : ) The dog who was last is a littermate to a dog owned by someone on Debbie's team in Texas. She's still very young - we expect she'll get even faster!

Flyball is definitely different to watch. I'm glad you enjoyed it. My teammates mentioned they met you & Ouzo. I'm so bummed I couldn't be there!

Thanks for PMing me the photos. I was at a conference for work & just got home tonight.

Dana

I work with Susi, who owns Luna. That is one very sweet and excited pup! And she is teeny!!! She brings her to work on occassion and lets everyone here play with her. I don't think she runs all the time yet, I'll ask Susi and see what her times are and post later.

Sorry, I was in training all day again today. It's been wreaking havoc on my internet time! : )

Luna is coming along great. Susi's done a wonderful job with her. She's run a 4.0 in start, but right now we're running her in anchor to get a bit more seasoning in on her. I'm sure she'll ultimately end up running pretty solidly in the sub 4s. She's only run about 2-3 tournaments with limited racing so far. I think Luna is right around 18 inches, but Ice is a bit smaller. They got to have a little family reunion at one of the Texas tournaments last summer.

I'd love to take the critters out some weekend! Just let me know what you end up planning. We have tournaments 9/29-20, 10/6-7, and 10/20-21, then Cynosports 11/2-3 and one final tournament 11/17-18, then nothing until February. Fall always seems to end up being our busiest season. : )