BC Boards

Frisbee training in CO?

Does anyone know if there is anyone in CO who could help to train me on frisbee techniques? Roxy is doing pretty good at the whole catch-a-frisbee-if-it's-thrown-straight thing, but I want to start her on the more freestylish tricks, but I've never done this before and don't know where to start... Should I just go online and watch video's of other people doing freestyle and try to imitate it? Help!

Colorado Disc Dogs might be a good place to start.

Does anyone know if there is anyone in CO who could help to train me on frisbee techniques? Roxy is doing pretty good at the whole catch-a-frisbee-if-it's-thrown-straight thing, but I want to start her on the more freestylish tricks, but I've never done this before and don't know where to start... Should I just go online and watch video's of other people doing freestyle and try to imitate it? Help!

I joined a local club and I've gotten a lot of great advice and training tips from the more experienced members.

Check out the Colorado Disc Dogs website. We do a clinic in the spring that includes a throwing clinic. Also, there are monthly play dates you can pick up tips from some of the pros. Instructional videos are a huge help for learning on your own. The local sporting goods stores sell a disc/dvd set of human freestyle moves that is great for learning technique.

discdog

Check out the Colorado Disc Dogs website. We do a clinic in the spring that includes a throwing clinic. Also, there are monthly play dates you can pick up tips from some of the pros. Instructional videos are a huge help for learning on your own. The local sporting goods stores sell a disc/dvd set of human freestyle moves that is great for learning technique.

discdog

Thanks, I've actually been to 2 playdates so far, but there were so many people at the last one, I didn't want to take up too much of anyone's time. Maybe I will try the dvd and go to the next one to see if I'm doing it right! :rolleyes: I wish I hadn't missed the spring clinic, but we just started getting into the frisbee thing in June... I think that would've been really helpful!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks, I've actually been to 2 playdates so far, but there were so many people at the last one, I didn't want to take up too much of anyone's time. Maybe I will try the dvd and go to the next one to see if I'm doing it right! :rolleyes: I wish I hadn't missed the spring clinic, but we just started getting into the frisbee thing in June... I think that would've been really helpful!

I joined the local club here in So Cal and by going to some of the events as well as clinics and just chatting with people, I've found a couple of members who also teach. If you get a chance, take the time to talk to other members and ask them if they know of anyone who does classes or private training. I'm just starting to train for freestyle and really wasn't getting anywhere from watching what others did in competition. I went to a 3 hr workshop and got a lot of help. I may contact the trainer for a few private lessons soon too.

go to a feild and set up a folding chair that goes in one of those bags and put it out at twenty yards and get some disc's

and throw the disc in the chair and if you can hit the chair and that means your dog should be able to throgh it

here is a website that has links to disc dog clubs across the the USA flyingk9s.com and here are throwing tips on there to

the big thing is make sure you and your dog have fun