BC Boards

dumb duck questions

KrisK

Okay, so the only stupid question is one that doesn't get asked. Here goes :rolleyes:

The ducks are moulting - Don Cherry looks the most ragged. Will ALL or most of his feathers fall out - including the wing feathers? I can't seem to find any real specific info in my duck book so thought I'd ask here.

I've only been feeding them at night to get them to the duck house. You would think I'd starved them all day (they freerange) because they attack the bowl like there's no tomorrow! I hope I've been feeding them enough - usually about 2/3 of a 454 gram (1 lb?) margarine container. Should I give them more?

as to the feeding amounts- pick each on up individually, and feel for their keel bone- the bone that runs front to back in the middle of their breast. If they are of sufficient weight, you won't be able to feel this bone well. If this bone is prominent, they need more feed. Do you spread the food out so that everyone can get some?

Julie

Okay, so the only stupid question is one that doesn't get asked. Here goes :rolleyes:

The ducks are moulting - Don Cherry looks the most ragged. Will ALL or most of his feathers fall out - including the wing feathers? I can't seem to find any real specific info in my duck book so thought I'd ask here.

I've only been feeding them at night to get them to the duck house. You would think I'd starved them all day (they freerange) because they attack the bowl like there's no tomorrow! I hope I've been feeding them enough - usually about 2/3 of a 454 gram (1 lb?) margarine container. Should I give them more?