BC Boards

He's back!!

My Agility Tweed, that is.

Let me explain - about two years ago, my Masters level agility dog Tweed went on an extended hiatus, leaving in his stead this puffy little smart mouthed red dog that couldn't get a Q to save his life. I was left with this jerkdog throwing down bars and skipping weaves and pretending contacts were covered in venomous snakes and the like. In other words, my awesome agility dog ... sucked! The same dog who came 12th in the province in his height class at Regionals three years ago has not gotten a single, solitary clean run in all this time. I was ready to pack it in. In fact, today's trial was the pinnacle of his career change to "Lousy No Good House Dog." If he didn't show me some love, I was going to retire him. I was very tired of throwing money away.

Well, he pulled it out for me today. He had a simply beautiful Masters Gamblers run with a ridiculous accumulation of opening points and a gorgeous gamble. One more of these and he has his Masters Gamblers title. He also had a STUNNING Masters Standard run until I blew it for him. I was running Piper in the other ring and didn't have time to pay attention to Tweed's course. I finished her run and ran to the next ring and did Tweed's. On the video you will clearly see the moment where I put him over the wrong jump, which was actually the right jump, but I didn't figure it out until I had already called him back. (You'll also see the judge in the other ring yelling "It's okay RDM, you Q'd in this one!!" right after I mucked him up). So he would've Q'd in this one too, but for me. But hey, I'll take it ... Tweed's back baby!!

Tweed's Standard Run

And here is a video of Piper's Standard Titling run (first place and a Q). Remember Piper spent 4 years working stock and is brand new to agility. She also nailed her Starter's Gamblers with a Q as well (I don't know her placement, as I had to leave before the stats were up).

Piper Gets A Q

RDM

He had a simply beautiful Masters Gamblers run with a ridiculous accumulation of opening points and a gorgeous gamble.

Thanks in no small part to the magic hair elastic! :rolleyes: It was a beautiful run, fast and flowy and a great Q! Masters Standard was almost as nice...if he'd just pulled around the jump a tiny bit it would have still been clean. I had no idea that it had been so long since Tweed had Q'd...you've have never known from the way he was running today.

Way to go Piper in Standard and Gamblers! She's scary fast out there - one little flinch and she's gone :D

I forgot to mention the magic hair elastic! I have put it away for safe-keeping and it will only come out for agility trials now! LOL!

I just checked his stats and his last Q was July 2005. No kidding! We seem to have broken an unlucky streak!

RDM

Go Tweed!!! :D So he got some more ribbons then? Good boy! :rolleyes:

And yay for Piper too, it does look like she is "getting it" more than she was in the last video you posted of her.

Are you sure the Woo won't do agility? That would be so entertaining!

I was just coming here to post that! :rolleyes:

The top open starters dog title went to the dog with the fastest yards per second clean standard run. Also, Tweed's 55 point gamble opening put him second in the competitive 22" Regular class, four points behind a ridiculously fast BC who is the third agility dog of an agility instructor who's previous dogs have won Regional and National Championships.

Does this mean we may see you at another agility trial in the near future?

What I want to know is if this means you'll stop making so much fun of Tweed and if the poor boy is going to be getting a bit more respect on here? ;-)

Unfortunately, I guess it means I won't be having to go to the airport to pick up a deported Tweed anytime soon....

Congrats to all three of you!

Also, Tweed's 55 point gamble opening put him second in the competitive 22" Regular class, four points behind a ridiculously fast BC who is the third agility dog of an agility instructor who's previous dogs have won Regional and National Championships.

Was that Wendy and Phoenix? Did Phi beat Tweed! Damn it, I need to feed her dogs more often.

Does this mean we may see you at another agility trial in the near future?

As long as I have my magic hair elastic, hell yeah!!

ETA: Piper is scary fast. When she gets it together, she's going to be way more dog than I can handle!

RDM

Was that Wendy and Phoenix? Did Phi beat Tweed! Damn it, I need to feed her dogs more often.

It was...she missed the gamble on Sunday...a serpentine off the frame avoiding the gaping maw of a tunnel facing the first jump...that gamble ate most of the fast dogs including Phoenix. Four tiny points...a couple of hotdogs each time you see her ought to take the edge off :rolleyes:

ETA: Piper is scary fast. When she gets it together, she's going to be way more dog than I can handle!

Piper looks like she'd be fun to run! :D

Ha!!! Apparently Tweed has traded his luck with Cai. He was so awful last weekend in Edmonton it was embarrassing. His perfect contacts, start line and focus went out the window completely, it was like someone gave him a lobotomy when I wasn't looking. Gack, from now on I will always enter Marty the emergency back up dog!!

Gack, from now on I will always enter Marty the emergency back up dog!!

Good old Smarty Marty. You've gotta love that dog. :rolleyes:

And speaking of train wrecks, Wick managed to go 0/10 at the Cliffhangers trial! Apparently, all tunnels are now off-course options, unless it's Jumpers in which case she will take the tire. Time to bring Bear out of retirement!

Good old Smarty Marty. You've gotta love that dog. :D

And speaking of train wrecks, Wick managed to go 0/10 at the Cliffhangers trial! Apparently, all tunnels are now off-course options, unless it's Jumpers in which case she will take the tire. Time to bring Bear out of retirement!

Definitely love the Smarty Marty Pants! :D He always makes me look good :rolleyes: The emergency back up dog is essential, it keeps you running the 0/10 dog, cause you know, when they get it together, they are damn hard to beat but you need some success in between! I vote for Bear!