BC Boards

My BC is now a real sheepdog :)

The ranch where I work doesn't have sheep or cattle but we have a big hay barn that we share with 4 other ranches in the area. Today I was helping haul hay to a ranch that has mostly cattle but some sheep as well. The owner wants to help me train Lance to work his sheep, and maybe help with the cows too. He used to have 2 border collies and an ACD that were all working but he let his wife take one of the BCs and the ACD when they split up. He still has the one, named Nifty, and he's a great dog. Lance could learn a lot from him. Anyway, we are going to start Lance on sheep and I'll be over there at least twice a week after work. Im pretty dang excited about it :rolleyes: Lance actually moved sheep with Nifty today. I've never seen him so intense and purposeful before. He's a real sheepdog now!

Edit: Also, does anyone know how to get video off of a camera and put it on a computer? Im talking about a video camera that records to little video tapes. I dont have a digital video camera.

Guest LJS1993
The ranch where I work doesn't have sheep or cattle but we have a big hay barn that we share with 4 other ranches in the area. Today I was helping haul hay to a ranch that has mostly cattle but some sheep as well. The owner wants to help me train Lance to work his sheep, and maybe help with the cows too. He used to have 2 border collies and an ACD that were all working but he let his wife take one of the BCs and the ACD when they split up. He still has the one, named Nifty, and he's a great dog. Lance could learn a lot from him. Anyway, we are going to start Lance on sheep and I'll be over there at least twice a week after work. Im pretty dang excited about it :rolleyes: Lance actually moved sheep with Nifty today. I've never seen him so intense and purposeful before. He's a real sheepdog now!

Edit: Also, does anyone know how to get video off of a camera and put it on a computer? Im talking about a video camera that records to little video tapes. I dont have a digital video camera.

Right on man!!!!!!!! I hope to someday introduce Frek with sheep, just for fun though.

That's great!! It's a lot of fun, and very addictive too. Be careful not to push him to hard. You can do to much to fast.

With adding videos on the computer, your camera should of come with software to load it on. You connect your camera with a USB cord ( as you probly know). If you read your software book it will probly show you. Anyway I think this is what your talking about?

And great that your BC is learning to herd sheep!

darcy