BC Boards

looking for some help

Hello Everyone

I'm new to this forum and kinda new to border collies! but not dogs! I now have a Shiba Iun named Dakota and he is the love of my life ha and also groomed dogs for a few years! But i am now starting my search for my next dog, and its going to be a border collie. I'm very excited and eager to learn as much as i can, So please any tips or advice anyone has for me , its all welcome!!!!!! Any who i am writing because i am hoping for some help on my breeders search, I'm from Newfoundland Canada and i would have to have a pup shipped over here..My dog Dakota flew in from Alberta, i researched alto before i got him, he is everything i wanted and came from a great breeder

i want to make sure this happens with this dog, i want her to come from a respectable breeder, one that does it all right! !! I am looking to get a liver female and willing to wait a while for the right one! i have wanted a border collie for a while now, I love Dakota but i want a dog that i can do a little bit more with, agility , fly ball i etc.. have 2 horses also so i want a dog that i can bring to the barn, come trail riding with me and so on, Shiba inus RUN!!! Dakota can not be trusted off leash, i also love smart dogs, Dakota is super smart and i love that about him. Anyhow my search has now started so again help is welcome!!!!

thanks everyone

Allison

added a pic of my boy cause he is just so sweet!!!

post-7631-1182636513_thumb.jpg

There was just a thread about wanting to get a border collie, and where would be the best place to get it. Experienced board members here posted lots of really detailed and helpful responses:

Getting a Border Collie Advice

There is probably just the dog for you in rescue. SoloRiver just posted a link to the Glen Highlands Farm site where there are some fantastic dogs, including red ones.

Glen Highlands Farm

Thank you for the reply i did see a red one there that seem to be what i am looking for , but the big problem for me is im not sure if rescues will ship dogs? I live on an island with no bordercollie rescues and no breeders so i am limited!!! Do you know if rescues would ship from the US to Canada or even if rescues in canada would ship!! ..I guess it cant hurt to ask them!

Thank you for the reply i did see a red one there that seem to be what i am looking for , but the big problem for me is im not sure if rescues will ship dogs? I live on an island with no bordercollie rescues and no breeders so i am limited!!! Do you know if rescues would ship from the US to Canada or even if rescues in canada would ship!! ..I guess it cant hurt to ask them!

We won't. Most of the rescues I know won't ship. Personally, I want to meet the person who is going to be adopting my dog.

Border collies do show up in shelters on the East Coast....

RDM

We won't. Most of the rescues I know won't ship. Personally, I want to meet the person who is going to be adopting my dog.

Border collies do show up in shelters on the East Coast....

RDM

Yeah i understand that you would want to meet the person!, its just sad because there are alot of people out there like me who are willing to rescue theses dogs and cant because of location.

You could go to the rescue/ foster home? Or plan to meet a few dogs your interested in? If you really like one you can bring him back with you. That way the rescue group can meet you, and you can meet the dog.