BC Boards

Question about CPE

Wildcard is fun!!! And it isn't as confusing as the rules make it seem:) The course is set up as a standard course with 10-12 obstacles. At three places throughout the course there are two choices. One of these choices is worth one point, the other is worth two.For the first 2 levels you need to complete two of the obstacles that are worth one point (these are the easier ones) and one that is worth two. So once you decide on your plan before the run you can just run it like its a standard course, until your dog decided to mess up your plan and make you think while you are trying to run..... Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Wildcard is fun!!! And it isn't as confusing as the rules make it seem:) The course is set up as a standard course with 10-12 obstacles. At three places throughout the course there are two choices. One of these choices is worth one point, the other is worth two.For the first 2 levels you need to complete two of the obstacles that are worth one point (these are the easier ones) and one that is worth two. So once you decide on your plan before the run you can just run it like its a standard course, until your dog decided to mess up your plan and make you think while you are trying to run..... Hope that helps :rolleyes:

Thank you! The rules do make it sound very cryptic. That was a great explanation!

I'd actually say that none of them make sense in the rules. They don't explain what a "wildcard" or a "red jump" or anything actually is!

I had the impression that the "wildcards" were just set out in random places or something!!

None of the games made any sense to me until we actually practiced them with someone who had done them before. Then after the trial, where the judge did briefings and explained them again, they started to gel in my mind. Now I get them, I just can't keep the names straight. The one where you run around getting points (ok, really you're supposed to have made up your own course to follow), with some required sequence(s), until they blow the whistle and you have to run to the table before your time is up? Wildcard? Jackpot? Snooker? Can't remember... in my mind it's called the "my brain explodes and I act like an idiot when the whistle blows" game! :rolleyes:

But I really like CPE! It's far more fun, IMO, than other forums, and I do agility for fun! So what could be better!

None of the games made any sense to me until we actually practiced them with someone who had done them before. Then after the trial, where the judge did briefings and explained them again, they started to gel in my mind. Now I get them, I just can't keep the names straight. The one where you run around getting points (ok, really you're supposed to have made up your own course to follow), with some required sequence(s), until they blow the whistle and you have to run to the table before your time is up? Wildcard? Jackpot? Snooker? Can't remember... in my mind it's called the "my brain explodes and I act like an idiot when the whistle blows" game! :rolleyes:

But I really like CPE! It's far more fun, IMO, than other forums, and I do agility for fun! So what could be better!

I think that one is Fullhouse. That's the one I wanted to try, but they aren't offering it on the day that I can go, so I decided to try Wildcard instead.

I'm going to pay attention to the other two games that they play and try to get the idea as I watch. Maddie tends to be glued to me, so any games that require distance work probably aren't for her, so I think there are only two that we can really play. Of course, we are doing Standard and Jumpers, too.