BC Boards

The ewes have landed

Well, the ewes are here. The transport guy was right on time, and since I had gotten there earlier, we were able to get the ones I was taking separated. Seven total. Dorper/Kathadin crosses, and none nutso- there were a few, and we left them behind, thank you very much. Got them loaded easily (grain was big help), and when we got to the site, they were hesitant, but when I started talking, they came right out. Started eating like they have never eaten before. SINCE the e-net was not in yet, I fashioned a small pen out of the combo panes I had, and we put a tarp over one end. Not a big area, but enough for tonight. The transport guy helped me with that. Did I mention he was very nice? Anyway, I left them eating. They looked very happy. I have named one already- a high % Dorper, black and white, and smaller in stature than the others- her name is Shorty. Anyway, I will be up at the crack of dawn to check on my charges. Or, maybe I should sleep there...

Julie

Or, maybe I should sleep there...

Julie

The first night my sheep were here there was a giant storm and I went out in the middle of the night to shoo them under the trees. Just in case, you know, they hadn't seen the double line of 50 foot pine trees in the 1 acre paddock with them during the couple three hours of daylight they had in there before it got dark. :rolleyes: