BC Boards

Looking for sheep camp

hi everyone

After going to a three day sheep work clinic, I realize both my dog and I do much better if we work on consecutive days. Since we don't have sheep at home there is the OH MY GOD THERE ARE SHEEP factor with my dog, and once we can go and work sheep each day, she calms down and we make progress.

Are there any sheep camps coming up? I am willing to travel very far.....

Thanks

Julie

I've got to wean, tatoo, vaccinate, and trim hooves at the end of the month. I wouldn't charge you much at all to come help! :rolleyes:

Ummm, me thinks this would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I got to help castrate and tag recently, and I enjoyed learning about sheep nitty gritty. I haven't trimmed hooves, and always wanted to learn- we were going to do that at the clinic I went to, but it was too hot to put them in the chute/upside down. Sersiously- I am interested- I will pm you!

Julie

I've got to wean, tatoo, vaccinate, and trim hooves at the end of the month. I wouldn't charge you much at all to come help! :rolleyes:

Julie, that sounds like a GREAT opportunity! Jump on it!

A

We are having Serge and Ellen Van Der Zweep for a 4 day sheep camp and clinic June 1-4 in northern California. We have people coming from as far away as Colorado as I think this might be the first time Serge has given a clinic like this in the US. It won't be vaccinating, tagging sheep, etc but it will be an intensive 4 days of working your dogs. Everyone stays at our remote ranch and we feed you and when we arent working dogs we talk dogs from sunup until well after sundown. You can see details about the Van Der Zweeps and about the clinic on our web page at www.bcollies.com by clicking on clinics. We still have a couple of spots open.

We still have a couple of spots open.

Geri,

I wish you hadn't said that.

Would this camp be appropriate for a COMPLETE novice dog and handler? The dog has seen sheep one time and did "the right thing", but other than that no experience (lots of stamina though).

I'm a bit worried that if I ever found my way to Steele Swamp, I might never want to leave....