BC Boards

Do BCs hate Pit Bulls?--sorry, long

I've thought about the status issue, and I'm nearly certain that is what the issue is.

As far as I can see, the status is as follows:

Alpha male is the only male in the house, the Rottweiler, who is really a big baby. He's 7 years old and is definitely the top dog. Both other dogs listen to him, do the licking his chops thing, and generally accept his status.

Alpha female is as yet undecided--and that is likely why the two girls fight. Each one thinks she's it. I've tried to instill my own pack heirarchy--the Rott gets attention, then my BC (since she was in the house 2nd) and then the Pitt (since she was in the house 3rd). I am the only one in the house to attempt this; the stepson does not want his dog to be the "wuss" as he calls it, and questioned why the Pitt had to be low dog. Even when he understood the reasoning, he didn't agree with it and doesn't reinforce it. Of course, getting the dogs to follow it might not happen, either.

I really like the idea of taking the dog to training myself. That just might work. It would be even better if I could get the kid and I and both dogs into a private lesson with a behaviorist, but I really think that these just might be two dogs that will hate each other for life.