BC Boards

An Update on Bean

Miss Eilidh went to the vet today (for the record, I love my vet. Recon's 3rd heartworm treatment, a 6 month supply of heartguard for her, Eilidh's shots, worming and exam, and a one month dose of Revolution for her, plus an overnight kennel stay - $101.00. Oh yes. I love my vet.)

She's checked out healthy, if a little wormy. Eyes are clear, ears are clean, heart and lungs sound great, good weight on her, flea-less (thank goodness!) ('cause she came to me infested), and I had him look at her eye even though it hasn't given her any trouble since day 1 and he said it's fine. She hears, she sees, she's vocal - we graduated from Puppy Exam 1. Yay!

Now, those of you who followed the "It's a Puppy." thread know that RDM has staked her claim on Eilidh. She's going to be flying Bean out to the grand land of Canada. These kind of things get super expensive fast - flight cost, crate cost, health certificates, all that good stuff.

You also probably know of the Border Collie rescue that RDM is associated with - That'll Do Border Collie Rescue.

On this page there's a link to Make A Donation.

RDM didn't have to agree to take this puppy, but she did. The financial burden to get her there into a safe environment is large, and I'm asking you guys to consider giving a donation to help her with that. If there's more donated than is needed, I am sure the funds will be put to good use - heartworm treatments for the dogs that come into rescue positive, transport fees for someone else, anything to help the dogs.

No one -has- to, of course. I just felt it'd be a nice gesture and would certainly help.

(Feel free to toss shoes and stuff at me, now, or to tell me to hush up.) :rolleyes: Have a lovely day, folks.

I think that's a great idea - I just sent a little bit to help. Remember, y'all, when you type in the amount that it's in Canadian dollars, so you can send a little more than you would in US dollars. :D

In return, Aerie, would you please tell me how you pronounce Eilidh? It looks lovely written, but when I try to say it it sounds like eyelid. :rolleyes:

Firstly, thank you so much for donating! That's incredibly kind of you. :rolleyes:

and you pronounce it Ay-lee (long A) like...Kaylee. Only, you know, without the K. :D

She's answering to it, now. I just couldn't keep calling her "The Puppy" and one of Recon's toys is called "bean" because, well, it's in the shape of a bean.... So every time I'd say Bean, Recon would get excited and try to bring me the toy and since Recon can't play till the end of her heartworm treatment....well, yeah. So Eilidh it was.

Anywho, i'm rambling, and I'm really supposed to be paying attention to this meeting (eek!) so, off I go!

Shoot, glad to do it. If it weren't for RDM and her "They Come in Colours" BC guide, I'd probably wouldn't even have Faith 'cause I wouldn't have recognized her as a BC. And the "It's a Puppy Thread" was awfully good entertainment - that's certainly worth a little bit of cash.

Thanks for the pronunciation help!

Thanks Aerie, and painted ponies as well! When we flew Bowie from GA it cost about $650.00. I am hoping the Bean will be less pricey, as she is less dog that Bow was!

Bowie is now Bruce and was adopted by the women who also adopted my one-eyed Glyn, who will forever be known as the only dog RD has curled up with in a collieball of cuteness!

Remember Bowie? Winterwood BCs helped us save this lovely fellow.

134860140_8a653d52a8.jpg

Just wanted to pop in and say - after Eilidh's worming yesterday she's feeling -much- better in the tummy department. She has some seriously wicked worms going on in there. But she's already got a more deflated tummy that looks much more comfortable and she's not scavenging for food between meals (and believe me, I was giving her plenty per serving for a 7-8 week old puppy) She's now content with her meals and doesn't fall on each one like she's starving - though she's still a hearty eater. It's only been a day, I imagine it'll take a while for that to truly settle down.

Anyway, Thanks to you two for donating. :rolleyes: It's awesome of you, for sure.