BC Boards

USBCHA membership!

juliepoudrier

My head size is large, although the way things have been going at trials (and on the farm to some degree), it should be very small.

Do the pictures have to be in focus? And do you (does the Federal Government) charge shipping?

And why do you want to know so much about me? Do I detect a conspiracy? Whose side are you on?

By the way, how are you doing after all your recent trials and tribulations? I think of you whenever I hear of miserable weather in the Northwest.

>>I think of you whenever I hear of miserable weather in the Northwest. <<

well, I guess that is better than "I think of you when I watch AMERICA'S MOST WANTED"...

Ok, so 2006 was a hell year for us....first the barn/music studio/livestock/etc burned down ...$250,000 loss and insurance paid ~$125,000. ----barn is 80% done

Not to be out done, then we had the 100 yr flood, which the water carted off the semi truck load of hogs fuel that I just had brought in, came within 15 ft of the new barn and 25 ft from the house and damaged the fences. Lost a couple of sheep...they drank the bad water....you could see oil, etc....

Next, rolls in a snowstorm...but we were fine with that..a few days off work. Sheep took advantage of the new barn and I took advantage of a hot drink.

But wait, then we had the worst windstorm in YEARS, and lost power for 6 days....no heat, water, elec, lights etc...lost freezer food BUT we did have a lamb born during this and her name is ,yep, you guessed it "Doppler". Tess was the best bed warmer during this event and did her job wonderfully!!

We think the Bible said a swarm of locust will be on the way but we are *SO PREPARED* for that....9 geese, 20 plus ducks, 30 plus chickens....

Tess had mammory cancer and I got it in time...took a big chunk out of her tummy and months to get well but she has been running top-notch for me now.

Trialing has been fun. Just won an Open class with my COWDOG, Scott....whoooo, hoooooo.....dogs are really really well in spite of me. Tess got some more points towards Nationals too. Training a couple of youngins that look really good. Lucy, a Tess x Pleat granddaughter and Peg, a 3 yr Imp bitch from Wales.....and then Kane, who I just got back from Scott.

The new barn is coming along, abet slow due to the barn builders....my side is mostly done but still needs lights and water and then Jeff's workshop needs to have elec, drywall, carpet and to be finished out. It is MUCH nicer than the old barn. Nice big stalls, with solid doors, roomier and so forth. We plan to still have our Barn Signing party but waiting for the barn builders to finish the rest of the work -Stall doors don't shut, leaks in roof and a few other items- so we figure in the spring when it is drier we will throw a big bash

Ah, life is grand and we look forward to the New Year....material items can be replaced but the family or dogs/animals can not be.... so in perspective....we survived but still have the loved ones....which is what life is all about

Diane