BC Boards

Did you see the show?

kajarrel

I was late getting home from work tonight so I needed to grain the sheep in the dark. The sky was spectacular - shooting beams of deep red, orange, yellow and green. The best we've ever seen - the "northern" lights encompassed all 360 degrees of the sky! Dogs in the truck, coyotes yipping back and forth from hill to hill, an owl hooting . . . this is the life!

Kim

Lucky you! You can thank the sun for that big old coronal ejection that occurred the other day.I may be too far south to see anything, though there was some speculation that the lights might be visible in the more middle latitudes, and since I have to walk the dogs anyway, I'll have a look while I'm out there!

J.

We see the northern lights quite frequently up here because it's dark (little light pollution) but also because we're positioned fairly far north in the continental U.S. But this "polar shine," as one of our Russian friends calls it, was unusually spectacular and lived up to all the hype on the radio! Of course the dogs and sheep were totally unimpressed.

So did you get to see it Julie?

Kim