BC Boards

For my trainer...

Guest PairDogx1.5

Guest PairDogx1.5

My trainer is a great person. She works a high-pressure high-tech job 12 hours a day, sometimes more -- 6 days a week, sometimes more. She can be called in at any time to service an important client. She has a home and a husband she loves, she has 8 Border Collies (I think -- it's hard to count them smile.gif ). She has 50-70 sheep (I think). In short, she has alot on her plate even if she didn't work her job 60-80 hours a week. Especially now in the winter when it gets dark so early. If she's lucky, she might have a few hours on Sunday that she can have for her own, to spend with her husband, to work with and take care of all the animals that depend on her, or to just have to herself and relax and do nothing. So what does she do with these few precious hours each week? She invites myself and several others over with our dogs to help us train them. My trainer is a great person. I am humbled, and I am inspired.

When I first contacted her to ask about training, I told her it would be quite awhile before I could begin lessons, because it would take awhile for me to get back on my feet financially. At this she offered to let me pay for lessons by working at her place. I feel so fortunate.

I want to thank her now, incase I haven't said it loud enough before -- thank her for showing me a part of what it means to love working Border Collies. It doesn't seem like this is enough to show her how grateful I am, but it's what I can do for now, until I can come up with a truly fitting way to thank her.

My trainer is a great person. I hope she has the happiest holidays ever!!