BC Boards

Trials Next Month

Hi, I'm new at all this, but I plan to go the the World Trials in Offaly next month. I can't afford to go all 4 days, but I'll try to get pix, info, whatever I can and try to pass the info along to all who want it. My BC (Rebel) is 5 mo. old so he will not be going(probably ever...)OK?? Any tips etc,will be appreciated...

What a wonderful opportunity for you! You will have the opportunity to watch some of the best handler/dog teams in the world.

The qualifying rounds are Thursday and Friday, semi-finals on Saturday, and finals on Sunday. The level of competition should get better and better each day. If I had to choose which days I was going to be there, I would go for the semi-finals and finals, just to see the best of the best running.

Remember one important thing is that you should avoid speaking to a handler prior to his/her run because they are preparing mentally for that run. After a handler is done, they are more likely to enjoy your acquaintance.

Sit down, watch, and listen as much as you can. And, ENJOY!