BC Boards

Bluegrass Classic SDT 2023

Sue R

The Bluegrass Classic SDT will be held on May 17-21 2023 at beautiful Masterson Station Park in Lexington KY. One hundred and thirty Open teams will compete in two Open trials over four days. Nursery teams will compete in four classes over four days. Open Ranch, Pro-Novice, and Novice levels will each have two classes over two days. Then on the fifth and final day, the 21 Open teams with the top seven scores from Open I; the top seven scores from Open II (which did not quality from Open I); and the top seven combined scores (which did not quality in either Open I or Open II) will participate in a Double-lift, International Shed Final on the Open Field. This will replace the previous method which was that the top combined scores from Open I and Open II would advance to the Final. 

This is one of North America's premiere sheep dog trials. The Open, Nursery, and Final classes at the Bluegrass are on a par with what you would see at a National Finals. One UK judge even said that the Bluegrass provided a competition that was the equivalent of one of their National Finals. High praise, indeed! 

You can attend any and all days for free - there is no admission cost. Well-mannered dogs (on leash) are welcome (there is a spacious dog park adjacent). The Kentucky Fiber Festival is also held that Saturday and Sunday at Masterson Station Park (there is a small admission fee for that lovely event). Tents and chairs are provided, and you can bring your own seating or blankets to sit on the ground to watch. 

Volunteers are always welcome! You can also support this trial by sponsoring a class, purchasing a program ad, participating in our silent auction, or contributing any amount you'd like. More information and forms for volunteering, sponsoring a class or purchasing an ad, or reserving a vendor spot, can be found at our website (address below). 

If you are interested in joining in a group honoring the late Eleanor Hume O'Rear Peavy, a long-time Bluegrass supporter and volunteer, through sponsoring a class and/or a program ad, please contact me at susan dot rayburn at gmail.com or reply below. 

http://www.bluegrassclassicsdt.org/

Celt by Bruce Fogt original.jpg