BC Boards

Twitching when lying down.

buddha

Hello everyone, for a while now one of my dog's foreleg twitches when he's lying on his side, the twitching leg on the topside. He can be awake or asleep and it still twitches. He was given tu us malnourished, really skinny and weak, and he's had a lot of digestive problems and anemia. We've treated him for giardia, other GI tract parasites and a blood parasite which according to the vet didn't show up on a PCR test, but according to the symptoms it was a sure bet. So he's been through a lot and I don't want to go down a rabbit hole of tests without at least some insight into possible reasons for this or at least anecdotal evidence that it has happened to other collies. I'm going to switch vets next month, but until then I don't have the money to spend on a bunch of tests. 

Is there any evidence of this being something that happens to border collies? As a genetic predisposition or developmental thing?

Here's a video of him: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1teHdpccO2xndmS8u2lPpbN99ubITlJcV/view?usp=sharing

Thanks whoever sees this!

Danielle