BC Boards

7mo BC pup won't listen!

Hello! I have a 7mo BC pup named Billy who I am having a very hard time getting to listen to me, primarily in the backyard. She is incredibly independent, and I think a big root of a lot of the obedience issues I am facing with her stems from her not wanting to listen to me and having very poor recall. Once she is in the backyard, all bets are off, and she will absolutely never want to go inside and continuously runs away from me when it is time to go in. This then leads to me having to brainstorm countless different ways to lure her inside (I now don't let her in the backyard without a leash on). To add on top of this, my brother and I now live together and he has her littermate sister, so now all they care about is each other (her sister, Rosie, also has a very hard time with recall). Don't dogs want to please their owners? If so, why does it feel like Billy doesn't respect me or see me as her leader? Where did I go wrong? Did anyone else experience this with their young BCs? I love her so much and would love to start training her more extensively, but most all training requires a dog to listen to you which Billy is simply not interested in. Any and all advice welcome...(attached is a photo of crazy little Billy).

IMG_1417.HEIC