BC Boards

BORDER COLLIE NEEDS HELP

HERRICK1971

I have a 11 month border collie named Kayla in the past month I have noticed her having signs of Hip Dysplasia, I only noticed little signs at first, but now she wont walk on her back legs she bunny-hops and has a hard time getting up. I have not been financially able to take her to the veterinarian. I am looking for any information you could give me on local veterinarians, any that will work with you financially. I am extremely concerned for her and want to get her help. Any information is greatly appreciated. I live in Greenville, SC area. Please email me.

Tammy Herrick

115 1/2 Poplar Drive

Greer, SC 29651

------------------

Tammy,

Is there any way you can ask friends/family to help you pay for a simple X-ray of her hips...it costs about $25 ( 25 euros in France...roughly the same).

I am afraid that HD is genetic and doesn't get better with age but these dogs do well with loving families who play/walk with them.

I do know of an Open dog in France with severe HD...he is managed with vet care and patience.

Sue