BC Boards

2018 Bluegrass Classic SDT

Sue R

It's late but it's not too late for you to choose to place an ad in the program or sponsor a class for the 2018 Bluegrass Classic SDT.

The Bluegrass is one of North America's largest, oldest, and most prestigious stockdog trials, with four Nursery classes, two Novice classes, two Pro-Nov classes, two Ranch classes, and two two-day Open classes that culminate in Sunday's Double-lift International Shed Finals featuring the Top Twenty Combined Open Score teams.

It is held at beautiful Masterson Station Park in lovely Lexington KY, is free, has vendors, is right next to a large dog park, and is open to the public from Wednesday May 16th to Sunday May 20th. Open starts as soon as light permits (usually about 6:45 am) and runs until dusk each day; the other classes start about 7 am and run until dusk or done each day.

Teams include everyone from Novices to USBCHA National Sheepdog Finals Champions, Canadian Champions, and sometimes even International Supreme and World Trial competitors. This year's judges on the Open field are Mark Elliot and Mike Northwood, both International Supreme and England National competitors and/or judges themselves!

A trial of this quality and magnitude takes a great deal of support - volunteers (and, yes, you can volunteer even if you have little to no experience - there are jobs for all levels of experience) and donors (who may choose to sponsor a class; place an ad, memorial, or "best wishes" in our program; or offer their wares at a vendor site). Please consider helping out in one way or another.

Our sponsorship/ad form can be found at https://bluegrassclassic.files.wordpress.com/2018/03/sponsorship-form-bg-2018.pdf

and we need to have responses by April 20th (I know, it's my fault, I am so late!) in order to set aside program space and/or recognition. Email me at susan dot rayburn at gmail dot com with any questions or to reserve ad space or sponsor.

If you would like a vendor space, you can find the forms here

https://bluegrassclassic.wordpress.com/vendors/

And, if nothing else, if you can, come out and see some of the best working dogs and handlers in North American compete, pitting their wits against our healthy, consistent, wily Montana sheep!