BC Boards

Perimeter fence ideas

ramp

Skye is mid drive Border Collie. We live in a rural area at the end of a dead end street., surrounded by state forest. Never lost a dog before but Skye is only a year old and in need of checking out her surroundings. Strongly thinking of an electric fence but have no prior knowledge of them. I'm thinking of laying out an acre perimeter. Thoughts

The below ground electric fence idea has been scrapped. Neighbors down the road employ this technic and that's what caused me to consider it. They have two very small dogs and they are left out for extended periods. I'm thinking now of just fencing maybe a 1/3 of an acre for brief moments. This is a great resource. Thank you

The below ground electric fence idea has been scrapped. Neighbors down the road employ this technic and that's what caused me to consider it. They have two very small dogs and they are left out for extended periods. I'm thinking now of just fencing maybe a 1/3 of an acre for brief moments. This is a great resource. Thank you

Good to hear! A friend of mine just found an older German shepherd mix dog that had gotten out of an electric fence - the poor thing was running around in a street dodging cars. Fortunately she found the owner and sure enough, there was a dead squirrel just outside the e-fence perimeter. Dog got out, couldn't get back in and ran away because it got scared and disoriented. Just luckily my friend scooped it up in time!

I'm glad you made that choice. :)

Also, a safe fenced area is great in the event your dog is ever ill or injured and you want to keep her close at hand, or if the weather turns really awful.